Administrative Services Preliminary (Internship) Credential
The Administrative Services Preliminary Intern Program is a state approved program that qualifies graduates to serve in any administrative position in California Public Schools, TK-12. Students in the intern program must be currently hired as educational administrators. Upon completion of this program the students apply for the Administrative Services Preliminary Credential.
Admission to the Program
In addition to meeting the general requirements of the university for admission as a post-baccalaureate student, admission to the Administrative Services Preliminary (Internship) Credential program requires the following:
- An application for admission to the program must be submitted;
- A 3.0 ("B") grade point average overall in all courses;
- Completion of or plan to satisfy the graduate entrance writing requirement;
- Verification of completion of minimum of five years of full-time years of teaching, counseling, or other certified work;
- A valid clear teaching, pupil personnel, library, or health services credential or full-time designated subject credential (with B.A.);
- Successful completion of the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST);
- Submission of a 2-page essay from the provided prompt;
- Student must be currently hired as a school administrator;
- An internship contract signed between the student, the school district and the program;
- Students must enroll in the intern course, EADM 6630, each semester they remain in the program and complete the program within two years;
- Apply for the administrative services internship credential from the Commission for Teacher Credentialing.
- Students who do not meet these criteria may be admitted as conditionally classified graduate students. Students admitted in this category may be changed to classified standing with approval of the College of Education.
Recommendation for the Credential
Recommendation to be recommended for the administrative services preliminary credential, a candidate must:
- Successfully complete the regular program for the Preliminary Administrative Services Credential;
- Be currently employed in an administrative position in a school district or county office of education.
- Pass the new California Administrator Performance Assessment (CalAPA) which is required starting in Fall, 2019.
- Obtain recommendation from program coordinator.
Credential Requirements (28 units)
|EADM 6601||Educational Leadership and Ethics||3|
|EADM 6607||Culture, Equity, and Communication in Diverse Society||3|
|EADM 6610||Educational Supervision and Teacher Development||3|
|EADM 6613||Organizational Management and Human Resources||3|
|EADM 6619||Policy, Governance and Legal Aspects of Education||3|
|EADM 6622||Curriculum, Programs, and Assessment||4|
|EADM 6625||Organizational Management and Fiscal Resources||3|
|EADM 6630||Internship Fieldwork in Educational Administration I||3|
|EADM 6631||Internship Fieldwork in Educational Administration II||3|
|California Administrator Performance Assessment (CalAPA) Support Seminar|
Note: Students must see program coordinator/advisor for recommended sequence of program.
Culminating Experience (0 units)
Complete the Student Exit Assessments in all areas of the CAPEs
Complete Student Portfolio addressing the six areas of the CAPEs